Conditioning is complete for the 2020 Season.
Get ready for spring sports 2020! Conditioning for Track & Field is voluntary and does not guarantee a spot of the team. You MUST have a current sports physical on file with the CMS office to participate. You MUST have on athletic attire to attend and participate in conditioning.
1/21 (1/23 off)
1/28 & 1/30
2/4 & 2/6
This handout was provided at a meeting and outside Room 408.
Cedartown Middle School 2020 Track and Field Interest Meeting
You MUST have a valid Sports Physical on file to come to conditioning, to try out, and/or to compete. If it expires during the season, you cannot participate until a valid physical is on file.
- Get the Sports Physical Form from Ms. Faires in the Front Office
- Get the physical at your doctor of choice
- Return to ME, Coach Willis, so that I know your form is on file. Room 408 on 8th grade hall.
Voluntary Track Conditioning in January/February 2020
- Tuesday & Thursday
- 1/14 & 16; 1/21 & 23; 1/28 & 30; 2/4 & 6
- After school - pick up 4:45 and no later than 5:00.
- Pickup at the gym entrance behind the school
- You will need weather-appropriate work out attire and running shoes. We run in the cold.
- You cannot workout in “street clothes and shoes”.
- Core workouts
Track Tryouts in February 2010
- Girls 2/10 & 11 3:20-5:00 (after school)
- Boys 2/12 & 13 3:20-5:00 (after school)
- Additional day if necessary
Track Season is February through April
- Practice Monday—Thursday
- First Day of practice - Monday 2/17/2020
- After school till 5:00. Pickup by 5:15.
- We will take Spring Break off.
- Most meets are weekdays starting at 4PM. There usually is a Saturday meet in March at Ashworth in Calhoun, and Rockmart has a Friday meet.
- About 7 meets + Area.
- You must stay for the ENTIRE meet if you are a runner. Field events (only) should stay for the entire meet to support the team.
- If this becomes an issue, the entire team will have to ride the bus back to CMS.
- Already scheduled:
- Thursday, March 25th @ Darlington
- Thursday, April 23rd @ Darlington
- Saturday, TBD @ Ashworth (Gordon High School)
- AREA, end of April 1:00 @ Location TBD
Before you tryout, consider if you plan to play basketball, soccer, or baseball in another league. If you try out for this team, you are expected to be at practice and events. CMS Soccer has a schedule that can be worked around/with. CMS Baseball, Golf, and Tennis covers the entire Track & Field Season and does not allow for two sports.
Field Events: Shot Put, High Jump, Long Jump, Triple Jump
Running Events: Sprints: 100m, 200m, 400m, 100m Hurdles Relays: 4x100, 4x400
Short Distance: 800m & 1600m