Hello, I am Debbie Hughes, your Parent Involvement Coordinator for Rockmart Middle School/Rockmart High School.
I have lived in Rockmart my entire life and I am a graduate of Rockmart High School.
I previously worked at Eastside Elementary and Rockmart High School.
Below are some of the ways I can help you and your student:
- to serve as a link between school and parents relaying the needs of one to the other
- educate teachers and staff on how to communicate and work effectively with parents as equal partners
- advise and coach parents on how to address issues with the leadership staff in school meetings
- serve as a school-based intermediary contact for concerns and comments made by parents and community members
- provide referrals to community- based services for families
- expand opportunities for continued learning, voluntary community service and civic participation
- develop community collaborations
- promote sharing of power with parents as decision-makers
- help parents understand the educational system so they can become better advocates for their children's education
- maintain a parent resource center
- schedule parent - teacher conferences
Please feel free to contact me at the phone numbers above or email me. I will work with you anytime to help insure that your student has every opportunity at RMS/RHS.
My schedule is:
Monday - Friday 7:45 - 11:30 RHS.
Monday - Friday 11:45 - 3:45 RMS
Click on the translator flag at the bottom of the page to view in a different language.
Parents, please take a moment and complete the parent survey. Click HERE to take the RHS survey. Thank you!
Click HERE to take the RMS survey. Thank you!
Free Visits Counter